top of page

Henson Construction Group

Public·9 members

Parker Lopez
Parker Lopez

Auto Repair For Dummies

Deanna Sclar is an acclaimed auto repair expert. She has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV shows, including NBC's Today show and the NBCNightly News. Sclar lectures internationally on the ecological impact of vehicles and is active in promoting residential solar energy programs. Sclar is also the author of Buying a Car For Dummies.

Auto Repair For Dummies

The top-selling auto repair guide--400,000 copies sold--now extensively reorganized and updated Forty-eight percent of U.S. households perform at least some automobile maintenance on their own, with women now accounting for one third of this $34 billion automotive do-it-yourself market. For new or would-be do-it-yourself mechanics, this illustrated how-to guide has long been a must and now it's even better. A complete reorganization now puts relevant repair and maintenance information directly after each automotive system overview, making it much easier to find hands-on fix-it instructions. Author Deanna Sclar has updated systems and repair information throughout, eliminating discussions of carburetors and adding coverage of hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles. She's also revised schedules for tune-ups and oil changes, included driving tips that can save on maintenance and repair costs, and added new advice on troubleshooting problems and determining when to call in a professional mechanic. For anyone who wants to save money on car repairs and maintenance, this book is the place to start. Deanna Sclar (Long Beach, CA), an acclaimed auto repair expert and consumer advocate, has contributed to the Los Angeles Times and has been interviewed on the Today show, NBC Nightly News, and other television programs.

• Get the skills to maintain your car like a pro! Want to handle basic auto repairs yourself? This easy-to-follow guide gives you the nuts and bolts of diagnosing trouble and performing maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. You'll explore each system and keep everything running in tiptop shape, including how to change coolant and oil, repair leaks, and check breaks. Along with learning about rollover protection, you will also discover how to utilize stability control. Plus, you'll see how to go green on the road--from recycling oil to choosing alternatively fueled vehicles. Inside... An under-the-hood checklist

• Advice on using proper tools

• Techniques to extend car life

• Eco-friendly tips for saving fuel

• Illustrations to help with repairs

• Pros of alternative fuels

• Choose, check, and care for tires

About the Author

Forty-eight percent of American households perform at least some automotive maintenance on their own, women accounting for one third of this $34 billion automotive DIY market. For new or would-be hobby mechanics, this how-to guide is perfect for getting your feet wet and learning how to jump into the art of knuckle busting and wrench turning. Not everyone has a shop, garage, or even a driveway for do-it-yourself repairs, this audiobook makes it easy for anyone trying to save money or start a side hustle.

Want to handle basic auto repairs yourself? This easy-to-follow guide gives you the nuts and bolts of diagnosing trouble and performing maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. You'll explore each system and keep everything running in tiptop shape, including how to change coolant and oil, repair leaks, and check breaks. Along with learning about rollover protection, you will also discover how to utilize stability control. Plus, you'll see how to go green on the road - from recycling oil to choosing alternatively fueled vehicles. Inside:

The lack of knоwlеdgе about cars соuld be potentially troublesome, especially nowadays, when transportation on automobiles has become so widespread that it has become a necessary means for commuting in any area, be it urban, rural, or suburban. Car salesmen can sniff out the weaklings before they even get into the showroom and will make them pay more before they walk out. The best counterstrategy is to become a car expert yourself.

Want to handle basic auto repairs yourself? This easy-to-follow guide gives you the nuts and bolts of diagnosing trouble and performing simple maintenance and repairs on your vehicle. You'll explore each system part by part and keep everything running in tiptop shape. Plus, you'll see how to go green on the road -- from recycling oil and parts to choosing alternatively fueled vehicles.

Get to know your vehicle -- understand automotive systems; check under the hood; change a tire; follow basic safety rules; change spark plugs, fuses, and the battery; and replace the air filter and PCV valve

Deanna Sclar is an acclaimed auto repair expert and consumer advocate. She has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV shows including NBC's Today show and the NBC Nightly News. Sclar lectures internationally on the ecological impact of vehicles and is active in promoting residential solar energy programs. Sclar is also the author of Buying a Car For Dummies.

Auto Repair For Dummies is indispensable for anyone who is tired of nodding and smiling at the incomprehensible mutterings of your mechanic, only to end up shelling out money for repairs that you neither fully understand nor always need. This easy-to-understand guide is also for you if you

This book shows you how your car works; what it needs in the way of tender loving care; and how to keep from being overcharged if you need to entrust repairs to someone else. Auto Repair For Dummies also gives you the scoop on these topics and more:

I am deeply disappointed that the page with the list of the ... for Dummies books was deleted. The fact that Wikipedia is not a directory doesn`t explain why that list was deleted. I`m reading the discussion about it and cant find a good reason. The ...for dummies books are a commercial success and, for example, if someone want to buy one of these, but since there is so many of them available how in earth is gonna make a good choice? In short, the exitence of the list doesn`t disagree with the definition of WP:NOT#DIR--ometzit 22:56, 4 February 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I have reversed an anonymous edit made by a user identified only by IP address 68.187.1.132 . This anonymous user deleted an edit which I had made to this for dummies page.The edit which I made to the page originally was nothing more than give some acknowledgement/credit to Ed Tittel, the auhtor whose book image, HTML for Dummies has been getting used for several years on wikipedia as the trophy for Dummies image.The reversal made by the anonymous user stated "removing advertising for author's site", which I find to be an incredible statement. The author never "advertised" his site. I made the edits, not the author, Ed Tittel. I do not know Ed Tittel, nor have I ever met him. I live in the UK and as far as I know he lives in Austin, Texas, from what I can gather from his website, and I have never in my life been to USA far less Austin, Texas. I find it incredible that some anonymous user would suggest this is a cheap stunt for a free advert by the author, particularly when Andy Rathbone, Dan Gookin and John Levine have clear mentions, or should that be adverts? I have read several of Ed Tittels for Dummies HTML, XHTML and XML books to name just some of the over 200 books he has authored, in my time as a student of computing and internet languages. I hardly think he needs cheap adverts on wikipedia when his website has several backlinks from the IBM site (PR 10) about 100 from php.net (PR9), so please, whoever this anonymous user is, stop from inferring this was some cheap advertising stunt! Wikipedia has been using the man's book as their trophy for Dummies image for years, so let's not start infering slurs about cheap advertising, please.

I created a collapsed table on The_Complete_Idiot's_Guide_to... which had a long list of idiots guide books. This is maybe something that can be done here with the list of dummies books. Travb (talk) 03:44, 22 October 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]

For years I have seen these books "for dummies" amd ever time I see one I cringe. I do not have a lot of self-esteem, I don't like to talk a lot, but once in awhile I get tired of being a ping pong ball. I used to be young and inexperienced- and a little insecure. WHY IN THE HAME OF GOD WOULD I BUY A BOOK THAT CALLS ME OR OTHER BEGINNERS DUMMIES? Are the elite that write these books just mean? Do they think they are better than "the masses"? What is their deal? 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• austin4641
  • Love
    Love
  • Chariton Stepanov
    Chariton Stepanov
  • Anatoly Uvarov
    Anatoly Uvarov
  • Ethan Williams
    Ethan Williams

© 2021 by Henson Construction LLC. Proudly created with Wix.com

• Facebook